Our Floating Support Service is Traveller specific. We offer advice, support and guidance on all aspects of homelessness and tenancy sustainment. Our support is designed to enable Travellers to find appropriate accomodation, maintain tenancies and independence. We have staff to support you located in Belfast and Derry (see below for contact information).
What support is provided?
Each service user will have an individual needs/support plan, tailored to their particular needs in any of the following areas:
- Accommodation including: Homeslessness, Threatened Homelessness and Living Skills
- Finances including: Benefits, Budgeting and Debt Management
- Health: Mental and Physical Health
- Parenting Support: Schools, Social Services and Family Support
- Education, Employment & Personal Development: Literacy Issues, Future Education and Social & Leisure Interest
Who is eligible?
- Must be a Traveller
- Must be over 16 years of age.
- Must be capable of living independently in the community (providing suitable support is made available).
- Must have housing related support needs.
- Must be willing to engage with the service and with the support offered.
- Applications can be made to the service by completing a Referral Form. Referrals can be made by the individual, advocate or agency.
- Referral forms are available by contacting our offices.
- Once a Referral has been accepted, the applicant, and any referral agency will be contacted b Bryson Care Floating Support Worker.
Referral not accepted will be provided with:
- information about the reasons they were not accepted;
- signposted to other services;
- information on how to appeal;
- information of any opportunities for re-application if this applies.